DIABETES TYPE 2: YOU CAN REVERSE IT NATURALLY
This book by best-selling authors Dr Sandra Cabot and naturopath Margaret Jasinska offers proven strategies for reversing Type 2 Diabetes.
Australia is currently in the middle of a diabetes epidemic. When this book was originally written in 2007 one Australian was diagnosed with diabetes every 10 minutes. That figure was anticipated to double by 2020 but has already exceeded that.
The good news is – a) with the right diet b) nutritional supplements c) and lifestyle changes, type 2 diabetes can actually be reversed in the majority of cases.
If you follow conventional dietary recommendations for diabetes, you will likely gain weight and your blood sugar will gradually rise. This book will teach you the best way to bring your blood sugar down and lose weight.
Diabetics should not follow low fat, high carbohydrate diets.
All carbohydrates are digested into sugar and raise blood sugar levels. Why manage diabetes with diet and medication when you can actually reverse it?
In this book you will learn:
- The importance of protein to blood sugar control and weight loss.
- The nutrients that diabetics are typically deficient in, that can lead to poor blood sugar control.
- How to reduce your risk of diabetic complications such as blindness, heart attacks, nerve damage and erectile dysfunction.
- The essential tests that all diabetics must have regularly to maintain good health.
- That a low glycaemic index diet is not enough to lose weight and reverse type 2 diabetes.
Specific foods, herbs and nutrients that can help to reverse type 2 diabetes.
This book also contains a two-week meal plan with more than 40 recipes suitable for type 2 diabetics to lose weight and lower blood sugar levels.