HEALING AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE
A plan to help your immune system and reduce inflammation
This book offers a medically proven approach to assist immune system disorders. Dr Sandra Cabot and naturopath Margaret Jasinska give the reader a step by step plan for healing autoimmune disease, reducing inflammation, alleviating symptoms and halting autoantibody production; thereby stopping tissue destruction.
Autoimmune disease affects approximately one in 20 people and is one of Australia’s most significant health problems.
An autoimmune disease occurs when a person’s immune system launches an attack against their own cells, tissues and/or organs. This results in inflammation throughout the body and potential damage to specific organs.
Common autoimmune diseases:
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Graves’ disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Coeliac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis and more
In this book, you will learn:
- The role of specific foods and supplements in reducing inflammation and healing the immune system.
- The detrimental effects of gluten on the immune system
- How inflammation and intestinal health affect people with autoimmune disease
- How common nutritional deficiencies can raise the risk of developing an autoimmune disease.
- How leaky gut syndrome is a factor in triggering autoimmune disease.
- The role of hormones in influencing autoimmune disease.
- How vaccinations and environmental chemicals can trigger autoimmune disease in some people.
- Which specific foods to avoid and which foods to eat more of.
This book also contains recipes for healing autoimmune disease.