Lentil, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Stew
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup green lentils
- 750mL vegetable stock
- 400g can of chickpeas, well drained and rinsed
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and rosemary and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the sweet potato and cook for another minute. Add the lentils, the stock, and enough water to submerge the vegetables by 3-4 cm.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for approx. 35-40 minutes or until sweet potato is soft and lentils are cooked. Add the chickpeas in the last 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Place in a large serving bowl, topping with baby spinach and additional olive oil.