Easy Coconut Curry
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400mL can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ tbsp corn starch dissolved in 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Chilli (optional)
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1.5 cups rice, cooked (brown or basmati)
- Saute onion/garlic if you’re using it in the olive oil. After a few minutes, add coconut milk and diced potatoes and let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add curry paste to pan and whisk it until it combines with coconut milk. Add chickpeas.
- Bring to a slight boil and add corn starch. Boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and let cool slightly. Sauce will thicken as mixture cools.
- Serve straightaway with approx. ½ cup of rice per person.