Falafel With Dried Fruit and Couscous
- 425g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp parsley, dried or fresh
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 160g packaged couscous
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup golden raisins or sultanas
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- In a blender or food processor, pulse chickpeas, garlic and lemon juice until chunky.
- Remove from blender and place in medium bowl with cumin, flour and parsley.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Shape into patties and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel to slightly cool. Serve with hummus or tzatziki.
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- Place in a large bowl and use fork to fluff. Stir in the cranberries, raisins/sultanas, capsicum, spring onions and parsley, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve and eat.