Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
- ½ large sweet potato, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp paprika
- Large handful of baby spinach leaves
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice (brown or basmati)
- 1 lime (to garnish)
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion for 30 seconds and then add garlic, Cajun spice mix and paprika and saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add water and the sweet potato and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, mustard and lemon juice. Stir then simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Now add apple and spinach, simmering for a further 5 minutes.
- When ready, serve with steamed rice.