Baked Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 ½ kg chicken thighs, skin on, trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary sprigs, fresh
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 750g potatoes, washed and cut into 1 ½ cm-thick pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, wedged
- 1 capsicum seeded and chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Optional capsicum sauce:
- 1 cup canned capsicum strips, chopped and drained
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Toss chicken through oil, rosemary and garlic in a large bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place stock in a large baking tray, add potatoes, chicken, onion and lemon juice.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven on 220ºC for 30 minutes. Add tomatoes and capsicum and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Capsicum sauce: Blend capsicum and yoghurt in a blender until smooth. Drizzle over chicken and vegetables.