Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon With Asparagus
- 110g skinless salmon fillets, about 1-inch thickness
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp fresh or dried herbs
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 450g asparagus, ends cut off
- 4 lemon slices, plus extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 230ºC. Tear off 4 pieces of foil, measuring approximately 25x35cms. Divide asparagus evenly between the foil, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, top with a lemon slice, and set aside. Pat the fish dry with paper towels.
- Using a fork, combine butter, lemon zest and juice, herbs, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 tbsp of butter mix on each piece of salmon and carefully transfer each piece to foil. Wrap and seal the packets, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through and asparagus is crisp and tender. Open very carefully, serving fish and asparagus with accumulated juices and extra lemon.