Black Bean Stuffed Capsicums
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 red, green or yellow capsicums
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup coriander
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 400g can black beans
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to approx. 160ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium heat. Cook garlic and shallots for 3-4 minutes, or until shallots have softened. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cumin, salsa, rice and beans, with garlic and onion mix.
- Wash capsicums and slice the top off each and remove all seeds and white membrane. Arrange capsicums on tray, hollow side up. Spoon rice filling into each and sprinkle with coriander and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until capsicum is tender. Serve with salad if desired.