Lentil and Haloumi Tabouli
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150g haloumi, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat and add haloumi. Cook until lightly browned on each side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine remaining oil, lemon juice and cumin in a large bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add lentils, haloumi, parsley, mint, onion and tomato. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.