Mexican Style Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 425g mixed beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp chilli powder or fresh chilli
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Add 2 cups of water and quinoa to medium pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until most moisture is absorbed (12-15 minutes). Turn off heat and set aside.
- Add mixed beans, salsa, red capsicum, corn and chilli to cooked quinoa, adding salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Lastly add diced avocado and toss gently.
- Add salad to a plate, and it is ready to eat! This salad can also be enjoyed cold.