Quinoa, Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsbp olive oil + 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime
- 500g skinless chicken tenderloins or thigh fillets
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 avocado, quartered
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together parsley, mint, lemon juice and oil; season to taste. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken and allow to marinate while cooking quinoa. Reserve remaining dressing for salad.
- Boil quinoa in water for 12 to 15 minutes until water is absorbed and set aside to cool.
- Add chicken and oil to large pan, set to high heat and cook until tender.
- Slice chicken and place on plate with remaining ingredients and dressing. Serve.