Pizza Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1kg sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 100g button mushrooms or other mushrooms of your choice, thinly sliced
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 30g olives, sliced thinly (optional)
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half (lengthways) and oil on both sides, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place potato halves cut side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, or until they are soft when poked with a fork.
- 10 minutes before sweet potatoes are ready, fry mushrooms in pan with some oil, until golden.
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes, olives (if desired) and basil.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, remove inside of sweet potato and mash with a fork, add seasoning if desired. Stuff potatoes with cheese mixture and press down firmly. Add any leftover mixture on top.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese has melted and gone a light, golden colour. Serve and enjoy!