- 200g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1cm ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup amaranth or quinoa
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of pepitas to serve (optional)
- Dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes or until well cooked.
- Remove from heat, and puree.
- Serve hot.
TIP: Double mixture and freeze a portion.