Tomato, Bocconcini and Quinoa Salad
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1½ red onions, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 70g baby bocconcini
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Place the oil in a saucepan on medium heat and cook the garlic and onion until browned. Add the mushrooms, stirring until soft.
- Add the quinoa, water, sea salt and paprika in the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed.
- Mix the flaxseed through the quinoa and split between two bowls or jars.
- Top with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
Optional: Place under the grill to melt the mozzarella.